The goal of the project: to create an environmentally friendly and economically sustainable solid waste management system in North Vidzeme Region complying with current national requirements and the requirements of the Regulations of the European Community. Waste management system will gradually be adapted to the conditions regulating the amount of waste, its hazard and treatment.
- completion of building of waste landfill in Daibe (Stalbe Parish, Pārgauja County); supply of equipment: waste compactor, front-end loader.The building was accomplished by Consortium VENCEB & SCO, represented by s/c VENCEB (leading partner). Supplier of technical equipment and waste sorting containers – “Volvo Truck Latvia", Ltd.Supervision and construction in landfill Daibe was carried out by "Geo Consultants, Ltd." and BARRY International.
- twelve dumping sites remediated;
- nine separated waste collection stations established – Eco-Points;
- supply of two garbage trucks and containers.
The goal of the project was supply and installation of reverse osmosis plant for the processing of leachate for North Vidzeme waste management regional landfill “Daibe”, as well as training of the staff for servicing and maintenance of the new equipment.
- in autumn 2006 landfill “Daibe” received the ‘sandwich’ type reverse osmosis leachate treatment plant;
- the new equipment was installed in the existing leachate collection system;
- training of the staff was carried out accordingly.
The goal of the project in North Vidzeme Region is to provide high quality services in waste disposal that would comply with requirements of environmental protection and normative acts. It is planned to:
- build the second cell for waste disposal with a total area of 3.2-3.8 ha and a capacity of ~ 540 000 m3;
- build a mechanic waste pre-treatment centre;
- supply mechanic waste pre-treatment equipment.
The goal of the project is to provide the "Daibe" landfill employees with the respective material and technical basis complying with the highest standards of labour legislation, sanitary requirements and labour environment. The project will include:
- building of new premises with the total floor space of 120 m2 providing cloakrooms and shower rooms for employees of the waste pre-treatment and sorting centre of the landfill "Daibe”.