Product Life Cycle from the Perspective of Sustainable Development is a project implemented with financial support from Soros Foundation Latvia.
Project form: training in environmental education – an expedition.
Project promoter: North Vidzeme Waste Management Organisation, Ltd (SIA ZAAO)
Cooperation partner: Amata Primary School (Amata Eco-School), Amata County and Baumaņu Kārļa Viļķene Primary School, Limbaži County
Participants: 40 students (forms 7-9), 4 teachers;
Project duration: 01.07.2010- 30.09.2010
Length of environmental education training- expedition: 5 days
The project “Product Life Cycle from the Perspective of Sustainable Development” is financially supported by the Soros Foundation within the framework of the programme of Latvia’s sustainable development. More information about support directions of Soros Foundation Latvia: www.sfl.lv.
Project ultimate goal is to attract people’s attention to mutual relationships between the people and environment and identify the responsibility of the current generation to the future generations. The project objectives are: to educate students on issues of product life cycle stages (resources, manufacturing, customer’s choice, waste management). The students will apply the acquired theoretical knowledge to practice: they will learn about resource procurement, product manufacturing, customer’s choice, waste management from the perspective of sustainable development. The students together with their teachers will approbate the contents of the practical tasks (10 worksheets) about stages of a product life cycle. The project promoter (SIA ZAAO) will prepare worksheets in an electronic form and publish them on the homepage for public use. In addition, Amata Primary School- Eco-school - will share their experience in environmental education in eco-school programme with their cooperation partner Baumaņu Kārļa Viļķene Primary School.
1. Forty students (target group students of forms 7-9) instructed on a topical environmental theme “Product Life Cycle”, including aspects of sustainable development.
2. Ten worksheets of practical work elaborated and approbated in environmental education on the theme “Product Life Cycle”.
3. Worksheets “Product Life Cycle” elaborated and designed in an electronic form.
4. Worksheets of practical work available for public use in educational institutions in North Vidzeme and Latvia.
5. Presentation for Latvia’s eco-schools prepared (~ 60 schools) about the project and its outcomes.
6. The involved schools gain valuable experience in environmental education regarding sustainable development principles in people’s life and shared their experience with others. Vides apmācība bildēs Environmental education in pictures
Reference Material for students “Product Life-cycle"
The reference material has been developed in cooperation with Amata primary School and Baumaņu Kārļa Viļķene Primary School.
The project has been implemented with the financial support of Soros Foundation Latvia, Sustainable Development Programme.